We need to first see people as unique individuals, and consider group identities as secondary attributes. Humans instinctually form groups. Us meritocratists are only against anti-meritocratic social groups/identities, and are fully in favor of identities furthering positive development. Our focus on the primacy of individuality aims to circumvent the enormous biases group-think spawns.
Humans have four types of group identities: biologic, social, philosophic, and spiritual. Goes without saying that its much easier to e.g. modify our social than our biological identity. Having said that, True Meritocracy is passionate about genetic engineering.
- Enable people to uncover and develop their identities
- Encourage cultivation of biologic group identities
- E.g. gender, ethnicity, and other unchangeable biological identities
- Discourage fossilization of social identities
- Discourage social pressure and other anti-individualisms
- Discourage socially constructed identity politics
- Genetic identity politics is valid, since its stable from birth to death